Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Apr 16, 2022

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered. They pointed me to the correct part I actually needed - I ordered and paid for and received it fairly quickly for $17,21 instead of the ~$95 powerhead they first said I had to have..

Update by user Apr 09, 2022

The following is the e-mail string with Shark "Customer Service" - ONE rep was helpful. Notice that AFTER I received helpful info, they came back with a %50% discount and free-shipping FOR A POWERHEAD - SERIOUSLY???!!!!!!

(Start at bottom and read up for chronological order.)_______________________________________________________Dear Steven, Thank you for your recent email. As our customer's satisfaction is out priority, we would like to offer you 50% off and free shipping to purchase the Shark UpLight Floor Nozzle SKU 1459FC602, int his case you will have to pay for $47.97 + taxes. To get this discount, the order must be placed through our costumer service line at 1-800-798-****. We apologies for the issues this may cause.Should you have any further questions, you can reach out to our Customer Service team via phone, email, chat or social media, who are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm ET and Saturday 9am-6pm ET.

Best regards, AngieCustomer Service TeamShark|Ninja Operating LLCOn Fri, 08 Apr 2022 at 04:06 PM wrote:Maria, Thank you – sincerely – you are the FIRST customer service rep that has been actually HELPFUL! Although I still feel this should be supplied as a warranty item, I will purchase this part immediately. Had this been offered before would not have gotten so hostile and gone social media. The part that really got me upset was wanting me to buy an entire powerhead to replace a brushroll cover.

If that is by design then Shark is indeed using deceptive practices (and will get called out officially someday), otherwise some addition representative training needs to be done. I appreciate YOUR efforts in this matter. Sincerely, Steven PainePresident – SKP Consulting, LLC.281-513-**** – TelephoneSKPConsulting@***.net From: Consumer Services Sent: Friday, April 8, 2022 2:54 PMTo: skpconsulting@***.netSubject: RE: My review about Shark on PissedConsumer.com (2022-04-04 12:03) Dear Steven, Thank you for your recent email. We completely understand where you are coming from, and we'd like to let you know that all plastic parts are considered wearable.

The motor base is the only part covered by your warranty as it contains the electrical parts of your unit. On the other hand, May you please confirm if this is the part you are looking for? Please check the link below: https://www.sharkclean.com/parts/0/all/2607/brushroll-cover/?modelNumber=LZ602 Should you have any further questions, you can reach out to our Customer Service team via phone, email, chat or social media, who are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm ET and Saturday 9am-6pm ET. Best regards, MariaCustomer Service TeamSharkNinja Operating LLC On Fri, 08 Apr 2022 at 11:18 AM wrote:Dear Laura, You response is unacceptable for a couple of reasons and your ‘apology in not accepted.

IMO, Shark is operating using unfair practices. Your “Warranty”:What is covered by this warranty?1.The original unit and/or non-wearable parts deemed defective, in SharkNinja's sole discretion, will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.2.In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later. SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value. BASED ON DEFINITIONS FOLLOWING, EVERYTHING CAN BE DETERMINED BY SHARK TO BE NON-DEFECTIVE AND NOT COVERED.

What is not covered by this warranty?1. Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not covered by this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com. MISLEADING – THE PART I NEED IS THIS PART IS NOT OFFERED ASSUMED TO BE IN $20 RANGE – THE PART YOU ARE MAKING ME BUY FOR $95 IS 2.Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.

NOT THIS CASE3.Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters, not removing debris from the brushroll), or damage due to mishandling in transit. NOT THIS CASE4.Consequential and incidental damages. THIS BASICALLY COVERS EVERYTHING I.E. WORTHLESS WARRANTY5.Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja.

These defects include damages caused in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when the repair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja NOT THIS CASE (BEFORE YOU REFUSED WARRANTY)6.Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America. NOT THIS CASE My expectations are that Shark sends me the part shown in the first picture above. Sincerely, Steven PainePresident – SKP Consulting, LLC.281-513-**** – TelephoneSKPConsulting@***.net From: Consumer Services Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2022 9:24 AMTo: skpconsulting@***.netSubject: RE: My review about Shark on PissedConsumer.com (2022-04-04 12:03) Dear Steven, Thank you for your recent email. We do apologize, you are having issues with your unit, and not happy with the warranty coverage due to wearable parts as indicated.

This part is not included in the Limited Warranty since it's not the Pod (main body of the unit that holds the motor) this makes this part of the wearable components of the unit, such as foam/HEPA filters, pads, floor nozzle, hoses, tubes, etc., which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of the unit. You can read this at the end of the manual, where all the conditions of the warranty are listed. If you would like to order the parts needed for your unit, the part number is as follows.(1459FC602 at the cost of $95.95 + s/h).

Should you have any further questions you can reach out to our Customer Service team via phone, live chat, email, and social media, available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm ET and Saturday 9am-6pm ET. Best regards, LauraCustomer Service Team Shark Ninja Operating LLC

Original review posted by user Apr 04, 2022

I bought a shark upright LZ602 vacuum in November 2021 which has a limited 5 year warranty - I would say it is very limited since it won't cover a powerhead wheel breaking off. The representative on the phone stated that the powerhead is a wearable part thus not covered under warranty but they will happily replace it for $95. I don't need an entire powerhead just the wheel and the piece it fits into.

BTW - when you actually READ the warranty - if you need to ship the unit back to them they will graciously pay BUT they are going to charge you $25.95 (or latest value) to send it back repaired - just saying!

User's recommendation: Just consider their warranty as catastrophic only and be prepared to pay.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Location: Katy, Texas