Verified Reviewer

Ever since I got my shark vacuum in late January this year Ive had random issues with suction but I was always able to get it to come back on so being lazy and a mom of four I put it off for so long. But today I finally called in to get the vacuum replaced after checking all the hoses and filters and maintaining routine cleaning on my vacuum.

After being forced to go through 20 to 30 minutes of troubleshooting after repeatedly telling the man that I had already done all of the checking of the hoses and filters and there still was no suction.

The man agreed that I needed a new part but they would only send me the part that did not function and wanted me to pay $17 for shipping not including the taxes that I would also be required to cover somewhere between 20 and $30.

Mind you this is less than a year old vacuum cleaner we are talking about that has been maintained properly.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that after paying $160 for a vacuum cleaner I cant even get it replaced without having this fork out more money for the replacement part it was my impression that there were warrantees on these vacuums and that shark would happily replace them if they were no longer functioning for a reason that was not at any fault of my own. Apparently I was wrong

I will be shopping for a new vacuum with a different brand if Im going to have to send money I might as well get some thing but I dont have to worry about breaking in the near future.

But I let the customer service person know I was unimpressed he basically was like sorry about your bad luck have a great day.

User's recommendation: Buy another brand.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shark Nv351 Vacuum Cleaner.

Shark Cons: No response from customer service regarding my complaints, Warranty.

Comments