1.8

I had a Dyson upright vacuum for 27 years prior and gave it away because I could not get it under the bed or furniture. In August 2020, I bought a Shark Duo Clean lift away Model AZ1002.

I also bought several handy attachments for it. The Duo Clean cost about $300. 4 months after I bought the Duo Clean, it started malfunctioning up. Lights flashed like disco lights alternating from the beater bar to the handle, and the beater bar did not disengage for use on hardwood floors.

I called customer service, and they wanted to charge me for a new wand AND the Shipping. I purchased this (ADD now $45 to the $300 paid as this part is not covered under warranty even though I argued about that) and guess what? Vacuum still didn't work right; it still had the same disco issues and beater bar issues. Yesterday, I plugged in the Duo Clean, and it failed to turn on.

As Shark customer service is closed, I got a link with the troubleshooting information and followed its instructions, but the vacuum still did not turn on. I called Customer Service, has a wait time of about 10 Minutes. The rep made me do the troubleshooting again while on video. Guess what - Still doesn't work!

She told me she will send a new motor BUT I have to pay $25 for shipping - I said no - I want a new vacuum, she said OK I will send the part for free. I said I still want a new vacuum.

A supervisor is supposed to call back, but I am betting they won't. I am throwing this piece of garbage in the trash where it belongs and buying a Dyson.

Kudos, Shark, for the worst vacuum and worst customer service I have ever had!

User's recommendation: Do not buy a Shark - get a Hoover, a Bissel or a Dyson.

Shark Pros: If the vacuum worked really great well though out features.

Location: Wayne, New Jersey