Verified Reviewer

2.0

I have the Shark HZ500 and while it is light and powerful, found a few design issues with it. The main one being is that it doesn't stand up, so when not using it you have to lie it on the floor or rest against something.

A bit of a pain but learned to live with it. The anti hair wrap is also a bit useless and I still find I'm having to cut wrapped up strands off the roller regularly.

However, this week while using it, a bit of plastic got caught in the orange roller at the front. It melted to the fibre on the roller, so I looked to get a new one. I went online to see if there was one available only to find there wasn't for this model.

Instead, you have to purchase the whole floor nozzel...at £70!!

What an absolute con! The roller is available for other models, which is almost identical for about £10-15.

Rollers wear and get things caught in them so should be easily replaceable and a reasonable price. I would never buy a Shark vacuum again based on this.

User's recommendation: Buy a Dyson! Wish I had never changed from mine.

Preferred solution: Make the roller available as a separate part as they do for other vacuums in their range..

Shark Pros: Light weight, Long cable, Powerful.

Shark Cons: Parts not available, Doesnt stand upright unattended, Hair anti tangle poor.

Location: Bristol, England