Verified Reviewer

2.8

We recently purchased (June 21st, 2021) on Amazon a Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Upright vacuum cleaner.

Unfortunately, after only a few uses, a piece on the handle has broken, and we are requesting a refund rather than replacement part or new (same) vacuum. This is our second Navigator Lift away Pro purchase, and the reason we purchased this one is because this one was because we liked the value and performance of the old one, until we had to use it on a rug.

By then the unit was over 3 years old, and I thought it was just worn out, but now I realize that it's a design flaw. This vacuum is far too difficult to push/use on any carpet (yes, we are putting it in the "carpet" mode). I'm now convinced that the brushes/rollers don't rise up enough to allow it to be easily maneuvered over any carpet.

We have only medium pile area carpets ion a few rooms in our home and also have a robo-vac, so we haven't had to use this new one often since purchased.

However, it pushes just as hard as the old one did on carpet, and yesterday, a piece of the plastic handle actually broke (I can send photos) while my wife was using it, due to the amount of force she was having to exert. Because of these reasons and this apparent design flaw, we don't recommend the Lift-Away Pro if you have any carpet or even area rugs.

Tampa, FL

User's recommendation: Hard surfaces only.

Shark Pros: When it works it works pretty well.

Shark Cons: Too difficult to use on any carpeted surface or rug.

Comments